Sunday 15 May 2011

Evaluation

How effective is the combination of your main product
and ancillary texts?
When filming my media product, I took pictures along the way as I thought they could be used for the ancillary tasks to help having to re-invent the scene after the filming process. I found this a complete success and was extremely happy with the final results. I used a editing software for the ancillary tasks where I faded the pictures I took with glitter pictures I found online and edited them in a way so it look professional and appropriate and also for them to relate to the theme of the music video I produced. The ancillary tasks compared to other ‘Pop’ artists CD covers, are similar in a way; the artists on the cover and possibly on the back with the track list. An example of a similar CD cover is ‘Lady Gaga’ first debut album ‘The Fame’; a close of her face on the cover and a long shot of her on the back next to the track list. I wanted my CD cover to still keep the correct forms and conventions for a ‘Pop’ artist cover but use colours and images that would catch the audiences attention and make them pick up the album. With the other ancillary task, a poster for a magazine advert, I chose to use an image with colours that would catch the audiences attention and use effects by adding in other images of glitter layering the main image to give it an ‘Pop’ affect and still combining with my main product of my music video.  I found this very successful with how the combining with the music video and the ancillary tasks are. If an audience member saw the album cover and the music video, they would know that they are related. I managed to do this by using the back cover image that was scene during the media product so that the audience can see the combination and the positive personality of the artist. Overall, I am happy with the outcome of the ancillary tasks and how the combine with the finished media product.










No comments:

Post a Comment